Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Prom Dress Print Catalog Request

literary utopia

than
literature bores me, and I hate it because
bother me or holding me back, but apparently only
.

-Franz Kafka, Diaries

That literature in practice can be a substitute for religion and philosophy is not a problem and it is very plausible in the case of Jorge Luis Borges and, above all, that of Franz Kafka, to whom none of this world's interest that no out literature. However, for the American philosopher Richard Rorty (born in New York in 1931) occupies a literary culture in our time-for anyone-a place so full and meaningful as that before humans gave to science and the world faith or ideas systematized. Ie as weltanchau literature, as a world outlook. As Will and Representation of the world and life. What I also wanted
Kafka is saying that he had no patience for family life:
"I do not have the slightest interest in family life, at best I could be interesting as a spectator. I feel a total disregard for my family, and I believe the visits to my actual attacks person. "
Rorty in his writings he referred to conduct that has to do with civil coexistence, respect, tolerance and human rights. But in a series of lectures held at Stanford University in November 2000, the pragmatist philosopher heralded the decline of the "redemptive truth" and the advent of literary culture.
"Intellectual progress in the West, from the Renaissance to our days, has developed through three basic stages, in which intellectuals have sought answers in God first, then and now philosophy in literature. "
Rorty's reasoning, as befits his office, abounds in circumlocutions of philosophical methodology, but no longer understandable to the reader not trained in that discipline that explores the what and why of things.
Expand the limits of human imagination is a goal that may well replace the "obedience to a divine" within a religious culture or the "search for what is really real" in a philosophical culture, and it's less dangerous. Literature proceeds with humble truths, not definitive.
To illustrate the imagined utopia, Rorty invited to reread the trial of Oscar Wilde The Soul of Man under socialism, which states that the goal of a just global society is to allow "people are able to live life choice, "as long as this does not undermine" the chance that others can do the same. " In this ideal world is not necessary to agree on "the meaning of life" or if "life is worth or not worth living" to create conditions that enable everyone to live their moral convictions. However, a literary culture otherwise not be the only viable or dominant simply because there is no room for any dominant culture.
literary culture in religion and philosophy appear as literary genres (as suggested Borges: religion as a variant of fantasy literature) and, as such, are optional. If the intellectuals of the previous cultures preferred reading dive into inspirational works or philosophical treatises, the most widely read works by the members of the literary culture rather belong to other genres: the novel, poetry or drama. But this preference is not due to any value judgments but rather to the fact that the literary intellectuals aspire to a deeper truth, or more subtle in the field of fiction, poetry or comedy, though not infrequently sought inspiration in the works of the past, philosophy or religious works.
literary utopia Richard Rorty may be therefore, as the connotation given to the notions of "literature" and "literary culture." A culture that has replaced religion and philosophy finds redemption in dealing with other human beings, not necessarily directly. This relationship may act as intermediary devices such as books and buildings, paintings and songs that suggest other possibilities of being human, since redemption can also come from the relationship one with something that is not just another human creation.
Kierkegaard was right when he said that philosophy began to establish itself as a rival to religion when Socrates suggested that self-knowledge was a knowledge of God, that we did not need help from another person because the truth was already in us. But literature began to position itself as an alternative to philosophy when writers like Miguel de Cervantes and Shakespeare began to suspect that humans are so different that it is absurd to assume that all carry within them the same truth.
And so one of the many writers of our time came to understand his own truth when asked what he believed.
I do not believe in anything he said. I have no political ideology, I'm not no party, I have no religion and I am an agnostic rather than atheist because I can not say that God does not exist. The only thing I think is in the literature. And death. That's all there: the death and literature. I believe in Chekhov, in Proust, Cervantes, Borges, Kafka and Albert Camus, and talk to my dead these whenever I can. They do believe.
Moreover, the concept of "literatosis" put into circulation by the Uruguayan novelist Juan Carlos Onetti, is a kind of disease that many writers fall or addicted to literature it is a condition whereby it converts the literature in our own religion, our martyrdom and our absolutimsmo, and the tendency to prefer reading the author as "more obviously literary, and converting the office to write his own destiny .

0 comments:

Post a Comment